[Ag-eq] How to Administer Medicine for a Mini

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Mon Jun 15 21:10:11 UTC 2015

Michelle:

I keep several marked syringes of different sizes on hand.  I keep them in my
animal first aid kit.  I have different wound medications, bandages and the
like in there.  I also keep some antibiotics on hand at all times; I've had to
give them to the goats when they got cuts.  Goats like to get themselves into
trouble.  I usually keep some Bute around for my horse; you never know when you
might need it.  Most of the wound care supplies can be used on all the animals
and even me.

My horse is not good at taking medication; I even have trouble giving him the
dewormer.  If I mix wormers or medications with some apple sauce and sweet feed
he will just eat it.  This makes it less stressful for both of us.

Nella