[Ag-eq] Soil-dwelling pests

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Thu Jun 18 10:44:16 UTC 2015

The wettest spring ever and you have just moved your goats from desert conditions into it!  Keep a
close eye on their feet.  Here in Southland where we tend to have wet pastures, particularly during
the winter, spring and autumn, our goats suffer from a foot ailment called "scald"  which makes them
very lame.  Run your finger between the heels and if they have got it or something similar, they,
the goats, will make it very clear to you that it hurts.  Zinc cream is a good treatment and may
even be a cure.