[Ag-eq] Watering

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jun 29 18:32:34 UTC 2015

Do you have mulch down, too?  Mulch helps keep the soil from drying out,
and cuts down on weeds.  It also keeps mud from splashing on the plants
when it rains.
I'm experimenting with straw mulch.  Before I got a bale of straw, I used
shredded leaves.  I'd scamper all over, taking people's leaf piles in the
fall and feeding them through my shredder.  I think the straw is a bit
cleaner, but the leaves are easier to spread around.
Tracy