[Ag-eq] Garden

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jul 13 13:21:17 UTC 2015

Hi Nella.
Yeah, I love asparagus too.  I was disappointed when it didn't survive.
Maybe I'll try again someday.  Maybe it needed more watering, too.  I
don't always water as well as I could.  Guess that's not a problem for you
this year.

It's great you've found a gardener to help and advise.  And she can tell
you what does well in your area, too.

Roses by your bedroom window sounds wonderful!
I bought a couple trellises from Plow and Hearth.  They weren't cheap, but
they're steel and look like they'll last a long time.
My gardener's husband built her a trellis of 4X4 posts and wires, and
bamboo, I think.

I think you can make catnip tea.  Also lemon balm tea.  I put a leaf or 2
of lemon balm or mint in when I make a salad.
I've found lemon balm to be rather invasive.  I put it a couple places,
and it's trying to take over.
Tracy