[Ag-eq] Apple harvest

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Fri Aug 21 21:00:01 UTC 2015

Tracy:

What kind of apples?

I'm so jealous, love fresh apples.

Wonder how long until my little trees start bearing fruit?

Do you ever dry them?

I'm still getting tomatoes, peppers, squash and cucumbers.

I bought a little buck goat and put out with my doe goats.  He's kind of young,
so don't know if he is old enough to do his job yet!  He is very cute, will
grow up to be a handsome boy.  He and 2 of my dose have genes for spots, so
hoping I get some spotted babies.

I'm turning my shop building into a milk barn.  The guys are working on it right
now.  There will be a room to store hay, a room for milking and a room to put
the goats when they kid and to keep the really young kids out of the weather.
It is going to make milking so much easier.  There is a pen on one side where I
will bring the girls, then I can take them into the milk room to milk and put
them out a door on the other side.

I finally have goat proof fencing around the whole pasture, so the goats and
Cruiser can all be together.  Hopefully by next spring I will have more fences
up to divide the pasture so I can rotate the animals around.  They graze it
more even that way.

What is everyone else up to?

Nella