[Ag-eq] Lawnmowing

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Aug 24 15:09:30 UTC 2015

My husband can't see as well as he used to, so I've taken over the mowing
in the back, because I know better where my garden spaces are.
I treat mowing like vacuuming--go back and forth over a strip, then move
over a bit and repeat.  However, the lines in the yard are longer than in
the house, and going in a straight line for several yards is not my best
thing, so my lines get crooked.  When I'm trying to go around a garden
space, I start by the garden, and go away from it.  Or, in the case of the
raised bed or the places surrounded by bricks, go forward slowly until I
bump the barrier. Or try to line up my wheels so I push along the side of
the barrier.
It all seems to get done, but maybe people have suggestions for a more
efficient way to do the job?