[Ag-eq] Dairy

Zachary Mason zmason.northwindsfarm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 01:11:46 UTC 2015

Actually Nella, as a commercial dairyman, former intern for the National
State Departments of Agriculture, and student of all things dairy, I'm sure
commercial dairy farmers would be happy to see the upper limit on raw milk
sales go up. The food safety people are who are behind the limits on sale of
raw milk.

Motzerella will most likely not be Okayed by the department of ag if soft
cheeses are not. It's more to do with the 60 day aging requirement than
whether the cheese is hard or soft though. It just so happens that most
cheeses aged for 60 days happen to be hard.

Are you regulated by Arkansas department of ag or also the health and human
services? In New Hampshire if you sold retail dairy products you were
subject to both agencies where as if you sold whole-sale dairy products you
were only inspected by the department of ag. Here in Mississippi the Health
department regulates all dairy.

Zac