[Ag-eq] Apple harvest

Danielle Ledet singingmywayin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 20:32:12 UTC 2015

Nella,
Well it's not like that anymore. After Pop died Ma let the farm go and
they sold all the cows, pigs, and chickens and cut all the trees down.
I live in rural Southwest Louisiana. Where our house is used to be one
of the pastures. There are still corn and sugar cane fields though,
but my family doesn't get involved anymore. They used to grow a garden
with tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers also. I learned how to harvest
peaches and plums  and pick pecans too. Later on me and my Seeing Eye
dog, Eden, and I went strawberry picking for the first time with my
daughter. Eden was very good and did not try to take even one
strawberry. That was one of the things I was able to share with
Bethany, and when they were little, I showed them how to snap snap
beans, also known as green beans as well. Now there is only one orange
tree and one pecan tree nearby that  I know of. What is a weather
goat?