[Ag-eq] Getting more blind people interested

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Thu Sep 10 22:10:26 UTC 2015

Tracy:

I think it is a good idea.

I want to be perfectly honest and let you know at this point I am no where near
supporting myself.  I recieve SSDI for an auto amune system disorder.  I worked
for years until I got to sick and had to resign.  I spent a couple of years
trying to get healthy and have worked part time on and off.

I live with some degree of pain most of the time and my energy level can be very
low.  This made working 40 hours a week from 8 to 5 very difficult.  I was also
spending a couple of hours each day getting to and from work.

Working on my little farm can be difficult, but I can do it at my pace.  I work
for a while and then take a break.  If I feel really bad first thing in the
morning it doesn't matter so much if I get to the barn a half hour late.  The
animals might be a bit fussy, but I'm not going to get written up or fired.
It's also very nice not to spend huge amounts of my limited energy on getting
to and from work.  I don't know if I can ever completely support myself doing
this, but it makes me feel better to have work.  I had always worked and having
to stop was very hard for me.

I think there is a list for bblind gardeners, does anyone know about it?

Maybe there are some people there.

Does anyone know about any other lists or groups that might be interested.

I know there are blind people stuck in the middle of no where for various
reasons and maybe some type of farming would be a way for them to support
themselves or contribute to the family income.

Nella