[Ag-eq] Recycling

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Wed Oct 21 14:04:30 UTC 2015

Yes, Tracy I got the book from BARD.  There are several books on BARD about
reducing consumption and costs.

One of the disadvantages of living in a rural area is the lack of recycling.
There is a center not far from here where you have to take the items.  A friend
takes mine a couple of times a month when she takes hers.  The city only picks
up trash.

The Zero Waste book says you can compost dog poop, but she doesn't put it on
food plants.  She also says it takes longer to break down.  She has a system
where she puts it in a hole in the ground.  She only has one small dog.  I
wonder if I could do something like that with the cat litter.  I could bury it
on the back side of the property.  I will just have to research.

Nella

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ag-eq_nfbnet.org/thunderwalker321%40gmail.com