[Ag-eq] Gourds

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Oct 21 14:39:10 UTC 2015

So far as I can tell, gourds are incredibly easy, especially if you have
something for them to climb on.  My neighbor puts them on the fence, where
they tend to leap over and invade my yard and attack my trees.
The birdhouse gourd I have is very vigorous, and doesn't seem to be bothered
by the borers that bother my zucchini.  The vines are fuzzy and have a big
smell, so maybe that stops the bugs.
If anyone wants seeds, I can send some. But there's a big variety to be
found online, and they're pretty cheap.