[Ag-eq] apples

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Thu Nov 5 20:13:21 UTC 2015

Back in the spring I posted to the list that I had planted some small fruit
trees.  I planted 2 peach trees, 2 pears and an apple.  I planted a Granny
Smith and am still trying to figure out another type to try.  Tracy suggested
yellow delicious and I said I didn't like them.  Well, I have to change my mind
about them.  I purchased some locally grown Yellow Delicious and they were
yummy.  I don't think I've ever had really fresh ones before and it made all
the difference.  I also purchased some Johnnathon apples and they were good to.
 Fresh from the farm really is worth a little extra money.

I know I can get the Yellow Delicious in the simidwarf trees, but don't know
about the Johnnathons.  I am planting all dwarf and simidwarf so they will be
easier to manage.

What kind of fruit trees do the rest of you have?

Nella

http://links.govdelivery.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTUxMDI5LjUwODE5NzUxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE1MTAyOS41MDgxOTc1MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3NDkwNTQ0JmVtYWlsaWQ9cmFjaGFlbC5kdWJpbnNreUBvYy51c2RhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9cmFjaGFlbC5kdWJpbnNreUBvYy51c2RhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&101&&&http://www.usda.gov/newfarmers

http://links.govdelivery.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTUxMDI5LjUwODE5NzUxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE1MTAyOS41MDgxOTc1MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3NDkwNTQ0JmVtYWlsaWQ9cmFjaGFlbC5kdWJpbnNreUBvYy51c2RhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9cmFjaGFlbC5kdWJpbnNreUBvYy51c2RhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&102&&&http://www.usda.gov/documents/BFR-Commitment-Factsheet-10-27-15.pdf

http://links.govdelivery.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTUxMDI5LjUwODE5NzUxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE1MTAyOS41MDgxOTc1MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3NDkwNTQ0JmVtYWlsaWQ9cmFjaGFlbC5kdWJpbnNreUBvYy51c2RhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9cmFjaGFlbC5kdWJpbnNreUBvYy51c2RhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&103&&&https://www.purdue.edu/usda/employment/

http://links.govdelivery.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTUxMDI5LjUwODE5NzUxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE1MTAyOS41MDgxOTc1MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3NDkwNTQ0JmVtYWlsaWQ9cmFjaGFlbC5kdWJpbnNreUBvYy51c2RhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9cmFjaGFlbC5kdWJpbnNreUBvYy51c2RhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&104&&&http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/usdahome?contentid=women-in-ag.html

http://links.govdelivery.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTUxMDI5LjUwODE5NzUxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE1MTAyOS41MDgxOTc1MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3NDkwNTQ0JmVtYWlsaWQ9cmFjaGFlbC5kdWJpbnNreUBvYy51c2RhLmdvdiZ1c2VyaWQ9cmFjaGFlbC5kdWJpbnNreUBvYy51c2RhLmdvdiZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&105&&&http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/usdahome?contentidonly=true&contentid=usda-results-beginning-farmers.html