[Ag-eq] Gardens Down South

Zac Mason zmason.northwindsfarm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 00:11:43 UTC 2015

Hi Y'all,

So those of us who know me may recall I come from the far northeast, from a
commercial livestock production background, but I find myself in the south,
Mississippi to be exact, Starkville Mississippi, home of the bull dog; where
it hardly ever freezes. What do y'all grow down here, yes I know several of
us regular posters are from the southeast region, throughout the year? I'm a
college student living at an apartment complex with lots of lawn. While I
can't grow things in the ground, my landlords might frown on that, I see no
problems putting a potted plant or raised bed on the walkway where it
wouldn't "kill" the grass.

Can you do greens in January outside? I have issues getting to grocery shop
as much as I'd like, and produce goes bad quickly when it doesn't taste very
tasty to begin with.

Zac