[Ag-eq] hello everyone

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Sat Apr 23 01:56:19 UTC 2016

YIPPEE!  It is great to have you back Nella!  As you know, I have been keeping a little abreast of
what you are doing through a third party, but I am interested in your cross species dual milking
machine as I had, previously, never heard of such a device.
There are a few things that I don't understand.  As cows have 4 teats and goats 2, do you have 2
clusters, one of 2 cups and the other of 4?  or do you have a 2-cup cluster and milk 2 teats on the
cow and when the udder is empty on that side, attach the cluster to the remaining 2, but I don't
think that this would be very efficient because once the milk starts to flow, wouldn't the uncupped
teats drip?  or do you just use the 4 cup for both having it resting on  what is called, in New
Zealand anyway, a claw?  It wouldn't do any favours for the goat's udder to have the unused part of
the cluster just dangling.
Via the third party mentioned above, you said that goats have much larger teats than a cow!  If this
is correct, US bred goats and cows are opposite to any that I have ever seen.  Like so many other
things, are southern hemisphere goats and cows wicky-werka to their northern hemisphere cousins?
I am intrigued by your address:  jelly bean farm!  was this name your creation or is that the name
that the property came with?