[Ag-eq] Weird weather

Zach zm290 at msstate.edu
Thu May 19 13:07:42 UTC 2016

Oh what I wouldn't do for rhubarb.

Zac

-----Original Message-----
From: Ag-eq [mailto:ag-eq-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Tracy Carcione
via Ag-eq
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 7:28 AM
To: 'Agricultural and Equestrean Division List' <ag-eq at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Tracy Carcione <carcione at access.net>
Subject: [Ag-eq] Weird weather

We are having weird weather this spring.  It's hot for a couple days, then
regular spring weather, then down to around 40 degrees at night.  I haven't
been able to plant my warm-weather plants like tomatoes, eggplants, and
marigolds, because it's still too cold.  Usually I've put them out about 3
weeks ago.  I have beautiful tomato plants, but I don't know if I'll get
much fruit, because everything is so delayed.  I'm hopeful that I can put
them in next week.  Zoicks, practically Memorial Day!  That's tomato
planting time in Montana, not New Jersey!

On the other hand, my rhubarb is doing well, and I'm going to harvest the
first oregano crop today, possibly.  And the berries are all in
bloom-strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.  Love fresh berries!