[Ag-eq] Chive flowers

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu May 26 16:49:33 UTC 2016

I've been using chive buds and flowers in pizza or grilled cheese
sandwiches.  Delicious!  And all these years I've been wasting them.

I just cut them in half, with the same scissors I used to cut them off the
plant.

I expect everyone else knows about the tastiness of chive flowers, and I'd
heard it before, myself, but hadn't really tried using them until this
spring.

We've gone from April weather to late June, in the space of a couple days.
I figured that would be how it would go. Not that I'm complaining; I like to
be warm.