[Ag-eq] Experiment with cattle

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri May 27 13:59:50 UTC 2016

Hi Zack.
What's your experiment with cattle?

From: Ag-eq [mailto:ag-eq-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Zach via Ag-eq
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 9:53 AM
To: 'Agricultural and Equestrean Division List'
Cc: Zach
Subject: Re: [Ag-eq] Snakes

I don't worry about it, but I also don't go out to the swamps like I used to
back in New Hampshire. Thick shoes will give you a feeling of safety-I'm not
sure if they really help. I've heard that snakes don't like the vibrations
created by canes and I would suspect a service dog would pick up pretty
quickly if there was a snake about.

I'm starting my experiment with cattle in a week, and this barn has spiders
and rats up the ying yang plus a family of raccoons. I'm planning to clean
up the feed allies and keep them clean, but if you have ideas for the
raccoons and snakes I'd appreciate it. So I'll be really interested to hear
what others who have lived in the south longer than me have for ideas.

Zachary Mason
M.S. Student
Animal and Dairy Sciences
Mississippi State University