[Ag-eq] SPRING? it can't be!

Nella Foster jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 02:30:26 UTC 2016

Jewel:

It sounds like you are having a nice winter there.

Global warming isn't as nice in the summer.

How many sheep do you have and when will they lamb?

We are having a very hot summer here.  It was quite wet earlier in the
spring, but is now hot, dry and humid.

I'm watering the garden so it is doing well.  I got 3 ripe tomatoes this
morning.  I've picked 3 cucumbers so far.  The banana peppers seem to be
reproducing over night.  So far I've only gotten 1 little bell peppr and the
hot peppers are still tiny.  I finally have a couple of baby eggplants; it
took them for ever.

I'm still milking the goats and am able to sell almost every drop I get.
One of my milk customers is on vacation this week, so I can actually make
some cheese and freeze some milk to make soap.  Bonnie the cow is still
waiting to calf.  The vet looked at her a couple of weeks ago and said she
had 2 to 4 weeks to go.  The man I got her from was way off on when she got
bred.  I feel so sorry for her.  She is huge and looks miserable in the
heat.

How is everyone else doing?