[Ag-eq] Bonny

Zach zm290 at msstate.edu
Sat Jul 2 21:17:41 UTC 2016

Sorry, I just love this topic.

Zachary Mason
M.S. Student
Animal and Dairy Sciences
Mississippi State University

-----Original Message-----
From: Ag-eq [mailto:ag-eq-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Danielle Ledet
via Ag-eq
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2016 4:01 PM
To: Agricultural and Equestrean Division List <ag-eq at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Danielle Ledet <singingmywayin at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Ag-eq] Bonny

Yep it's just like us humans. Don't want to take off all the good stuff
before the calf can get it. Sort of defeats the purpose. It also helps the
calf to fight off diseases as well. And, mastitis is not fun for Mom. I
personally do all I can to avoid it! Good luck with bonnie and her new calf.

funny enough my sister just had a baby, and, me not having experienced this,
I know what to do, but I asked her what she does to dry up her milk since
she has opted not to breastfeed her children. Still never got an answer,
though I am sure she is done by now since her milk just came in day after I
asked her but she had already left. I never hear any non-BFers talk about
this. I find it odd.

--
Danielle

Email: singingmywayin at gmail.com