[Ag-eq] garden

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Aug 27 15:35:41 UTC 2016

Wow Nella, cantaloupe!  And canning!  I always thought canning was
complicated, but maybe it's easier than I thought.  Are you using a pressure
cooker/canner?

The damn groundhog destroyed most of my squashes, though I've gotten a
couple nice cucumbers.  The pole beans are starting to set beans, and it
looks like a good crop.
I got a fig from my fig bush!  It's only a couple feet tall, so I didn't
expect much, but I got one, and there are a few more coming on.
The 2nd raspberry crop is ripe, and I'm getting ready to plant my fall
crops--spinach, lettuce, and such.  Gotta figure out how to protect them
from the varmint.

Glad to hear your young animals are doing well.