[Ag-eq] A Brief BlanchRanch Spring Bulletin

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Fri Sep 2 04:05:37 UTC 2016

I think that there is still 1 ewe to lamb.
Two ewes aborted single lambs, another was rejected by her mother and by the time we realised that
the lamb was not being fed, it was too late to save her, and there was one born with an umbilical
hernea that ruptured at birth, but apart from those inevitable losses, all has gone well and the
weather couldn't have been any kinder.
Excluding the still infanticipating ewe, I have 15 lambs from 11 ewes so that gives a lambing
percentage of, I think, 137%