[Ag-eq] Jewel's greenhouse

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Thu Sep 29 01:27:51 UTC 2016

Tracy!  When I had the original greenhouse assembled, it was, entirely covered with plastic
sheeting, which meant, unless I kept the front flap raised, there was no ventilation, so I cut the
plastic away from the top and replaced it with frost cloth,thus  creating a continuous upward
current of air;  as the rising hot air escaped from the top, cooler air was sucked up from lower
down.
I have had plants, either cabbages or cauliflowers, or perhaps both, in  there since the beginning
of August, or was it July, and they look very healthy, but there is no sign of them growing cabbage
drumheads or cauliflowers.  They are protected from the unwelcome attentions of cabbage white
butterflies and other such pesky insects, but do polinators have to have access to them?