[Ag-eq] Jewel's greenhouse

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Thu Sep 29 22:40:09 UTC 2016

Tracy!  Southland has had a remarkable winter if one can give it that label.  Apart from a couple of
hard frosts, it has been no less than spring.
I don't know how cold it would get in the greenhouse if we did have a really coldday, but it is not
cold, per se, which damages plants, it is getting frosted when the cells freeze and then burst when
the liquid that they contain expands and bursts the cell wall.

Jewel