[Ag-eq] String trimmer

dogwood farm dogwoodfarm62 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 15:49:02 UTC 2017

I don't know about the trimmer string braking your fingers, but I can
garuntee that it will cut you if you get your fingers or leg in the
way.  We have both the hand held trimmers and the larger push
weed/brush trimmer, but my husband uses them.  In areas where
grass/weeds comes up close to flower/herbs in my brick edged beds, I
had rather do those areas with my hand clippers because what I want to
keep is way to close or even slightly over the bricks and the trimmers
are just not that accurate for my comfort in not cutting my plants.

If you want to try one, look for the electric kind because they are
lighter weight and easier to control.  Try using it in areas that you
would be cutting up against posts or foundations so you would not be
in risk of cutting something beyond your wanted area of cutting.  Also
remember that cutting up against a hard surface will wear down your
string faster.

Susan
dogwoodfarm62 at gmail.com