[Ag-eq] Recipes

dogwood farm dogwoodfarm62 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 13:23:33 UTC 2017

Hi Tracy,

I'd try the freezer preserves, even though we do the hot processing
for preserves and fruit butters.  It would be faster and you could use
that to your advantage when fruits and berries come in to the local
produce stands and you want to grab them while they are still fresh.

My husband is a huge fan of homemade pestos, even going so far to grow
the majority of his own herbs.  I am not a fan of the pestos that use
really strong herbs, especially cilantro.  I prefer dehydrated
cilantro.  To me, a little cilantro goes a long way.  I have a feeling
that the carrot top pesto would be a bit strong flavor for me,
although my husband would probably like it as long as we cut the
garlic back from 4 cloves to 2 cloves.  He's even just purchased a set
of ice trays for nothing but freezing his homemade pesto.  I really
like the pesto tossed with hot pasta, and diced chicken.

Susan
dogwoodfarm62 at gmail.com