[Ag-eq] Varmints

Nella Foster jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 15:19:40 UTC 2017

Tracy I know possums will eat cat and dog food if it is left out.  They will
also get into garbage cans.

Is the potato also in the night shade family?

We are having a dreary rainy day.  It is good, now I don't have to water the
garden.

Yesterday a friend picked up Cruiser to take him to her farm until after the
fourth.  He does not like all the fireworks here.  She took him last year
and he was much happier.  I will medicate the dogs and drink wine on the
holiday.  It will sound like I'm in a war zone.

For some reason most of my cucumbers died; they just never looked very good
this year.  I'm going to have to buy cucumbers from a local farmer to have
enough to make pickles.

The tomatoes are loaded with green fruit and blooms.  I'm starting to get
lots of peppers.  I'm still getting some lettuce, kale and Swiss chard.  The
spinach was a failure this year; I think it was just too wet earlier in the
spring.  The yard long beans are going to town, so will soon be eating lots
of those.

My herbs are looking good and I've been using them in my cooking.  The day
lilies have been blooming and are beautiful.  The different varieties of
roses are also blooming and the surprise lilies are next.

Well that is all that is going on here.