[Ag-eq] Lilies

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Jul 7 13:21:10 UTC 2017

My lilies are starting to bloom.  Last night, there were only 2 blooms open
out front, but the smell was wafting all over.  Makes taking the dog out a
whole new experience.

The lilies I have with the best smell are called Silk Road.  They're at
least 5 feet tall, with big, white flowers.  I also have some called
Stargazer, because the flowers face upward instead of outward, like most
lilies do.  They're nice too, but the Silk Road are the best so far.

The munchers don't like lilies.  The only thing that attacks them are
aphids, which I wash off with the hose.  A pesky wild morning glory also
tries to climb them.  I'm always yanking that darn thing out.