[Ag-eq] The storm

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Fri Jul 14 00:29:46 UTC 2017

When I last mentioned the antarctic storm that was predicted to hit New Zealand and that it appeared
to bea rather more akin to a storm in a teacup, I was being a little premature.
When the * monster arrived in the south, it seems that it was just flexing its, metaphoric, muscles
giving us hardy Southlanders just a tiny glimpse of what it was capable.
However, it gathered confidence as it progressed northwards and by the time it touched base in  the
North Island, it had also hit its straps and set about giving those
blown-up-with-their-own-importance North Islanders a right good looking to with blizzard force winds
of 150 kilometres in Wellington, a province that is well accustomed to wind, and then dumped huge
amounts, that is,  huge amounts as New Zealand sees them, of snow on the central plateau and close
many main and secondary roads.