[Ag-eq] Cold

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Jan 7 13:27:38 UTC 2018

It's really cold here.  The weather said it would drop below 0 last night,
and during the day it's been around 8.  I don't remember it getting this
cold since I've lived here, some 30 years, though I've only paid close
attention since I've had a garden, and especially since I've had a fig tree,
which is only maybe 10 years.  My current fig tree is supposed to survive in
Chicago, which is pretty cold, so we'll see.  I hope my hydrangea and
asparagus make it, too.

I'm in hibernate mode-don't want to do much except stay inside, sit around,
and eat.  But it's supposed to warm up above freezing next week, so
hopefully I can get out and get moving.  Not that I don't get out some now;
it's just hard to get started.

How are the rest of you getting on?  Too bad we can't all go visit Jewel,
and get some summer.