[Ag-eq] Groundhog Day

Kendra Schaber redwing731 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 22:11:15 UTC 2018

Hi all!
 I didn’t get any news from Oregon’s headge hog who does the spring perdictions over here. I did get the report from Punksatoni Phill who saw his shadow, perdicting 6 more weeks of winter. I usually don’t stop with the ground hogs because the phenology acrost the board doesn’t often line up. Over here in Oregon, we’re already seeing signs of spring, blooming flowers; I have already seen one single bloom. Buds: a zillion of them. Sprouts; a zillion of those. New leaves: also a zillion. Even the geese have started to fly north!!! The one thing that’s saving the environment from a nasty droubt is the rain in the vallies and the snow in the mountains. The snow pack, although a slow start, particularly in early January has picked up a lot since. But I forsee a hybrid with chances of it swinging either dirrection acrost the whole country because according to Acu Weather, the east has had a bipolerish weather pattern bouncing between snowy wintery conditions and springish weather conditions and back again. Can you say that the weather is going bi-pollar?

Blessed be!!!
Kendra Schaber
National Federation of the Blind,
Capitol Chapter,
Salem, Oregon.
"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear" Author Unknown.