[Ag-eq] Sprouts

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Oct 11 12:54:33 UTC 2018

I want to eat more leafy greens, and I want to grow them myself, because
they often are the culprit in food poisoning outbreaks.  I tried growing
them outside, but the beasties also want more leafy greens and eat them up.
Besides, it's getting colder.  I remembered I have a sprouting container, so
I decided to try growing sprouts again.  It's working really well!  In fact,
my sprouts are growing like mad!

I have the Easy Sprouter, sold by SproutPeople.com, and I decided to buy
some of their sprout seed as well.  I already had some cheaper seed from
Amazon, but it's pretty spicy, and some of the seeds have a weird,
jelly-like feel, once they get wet.  The new seed I got isn't spicy, but
it's quite tasty, and there's no jelliness.

So far, the whole experiment is going very well.