[Ag-eq] Notes from The BlanchRanch

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Thu Nov 1 02:49:42 UTC 2018

I had to call the plumber in yesterday as one could, rightly say, that it was not only raining
outside, but inside as well.
He found a sheet of roofing iron that had lost about 3 inches of itself due to age, so he put a
temporary silicon patch over   the hole and will put up new iron as soon as the weather allows.
While he was here, I asked him if, back at the workshop, they had a saw capable of taking the ends
off my two remaining tree barrels, and, as it happened, he had just the saw in the van, so he did it
straight away.
These honey locust trees have very strange foliage, and I thought that I had read that they did but
was not sure, so I contacted my sister and asked her to look them up on the web, but she did not
have to do that as Evan, our  brother, has one growing in his backyard.
They do have a long, thin  leaf and as they are deciduous, are, in autumn,   very messy.
I have them planted on the south-western side of the house so , as in Gore, the prevailing wind is
from that direction, in autumn,  I will have to keep a close eye on the spouting!