[Ag-eq] Notes from The BlanchRanch

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Thu Nov 1 22:20:38 UTC 2018

I did think of puttoing a couple of sugar fig trees in the gaps between the honey locusts.
Southland summers are getting warmer, and, in Gore, the winters are, nowhere  near as harsh as those
you get in the northern states:  frosts are, very rarely, more than 5 degs celsius and we may get
the occasional snow flurry.  so do you think that they would survive here?
addendum:  I have just spoken to someone in my garden/hardware shop re figs and was told that she
has a friend who has fig trees that bear masses of fruit and they do very well and do not have to
have insulated tents over them to enable them to survive the winter.