[Ag-eq] The shearers cometh

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Sun Nov 11 04:28:09 UTC 2018

    one of my recent headings was "The Plumber Cometh"  and the silicon patch that he put over the
missing portion of one of the sheets of iron on the roof has kept the "rain in Spain" where it
belongs, or so Prof Higgins thought, and not in my lounge where it doesn't! but I will have to
remind said tradesman that the patch was temporary, not temp/permanent as my Father's bent over nail
gate fasteners were
apt to be.
So the shearers came  and denuded my 13 ewes, and I don't know what there, the ewes, reaction meant.
As each one was released, it ran up on to the floodbank and started to shout!  Were they shouting
with joy, or were they saying "BRRRR! its b...y cold?
It shouldn't have been the latter as the breeze was a nice warm one, but as none of them had felt
the wind on their skin for some months:  9, give or take, feeling it after all this time might have
made them feel funny!
Who knows what goes on in a sheep's head?  A great deal more than many people give them credit!