[Ag-eq] Taming wild yeasties

dogwood farm dogwoodfarm62 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 20:06:43 UTC 2018

Tracy,

I don't know much about wild yeast except when it comes to fruit wines
and some beers that are brewed in Germany.  However, reference yeast
starters for breads, you need to put your starter in a warm place and
covered.  Matt puts his starter in a container with an airtight lid.
This traps the heat from the yeast as it firments and that also helps
keep it warm.  His starters, which have different names depending on
the process and what kind of bread he is making.

Susan
dogwoodfarm62 at gmail.com