[Ag-eq] Tree report

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Sat Feb 2 02:55:31 UTC 2019

due to the excessive heat we have been having over the last few days;  however, not the 5 that are
necessary before it can be, officially,  recorded as being a heatwave, I have not been able to
summon up the necessary energy to walk the 5/6  metres from the shade cast by  the house to check my
trees, but today, being, noticeably, cooler,  I collected a donation that one of my sheep had made ,
that was to go towards their welfare:  their's being the trees, not the sheep:   and dropped it
beside the fig, and found, joy of joys, perched right on the tippy tippy top, NO!  not the Christmas
fairy/angel, or a wooly caterpillar, but something much  better, or that is  what I  hope, a round:
about an inch in diameter:  furry things!
Petrus or anyone else  who has knowledge of figs, while still on the bush, not in a packet from the
supermarket:  is this dear little object perched on top of my dear little fig bush, a FIG, and if
so, how does a blind fig picker know when it is ready for the plucking?