[AG-EQ] Article copied from MNN Mother Nature Network + bees

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Aug 19 13:53:58 UTC 2019

Thanks Jewel.  That was interesting.

I heard something interesting the other day.  Apparently, bumblebees are
better at pollinating some crops than honeybees.  Among those crops are
blueberries.  Bumblebees don't live in colonies like honeybees.  The best
way to help and encourage bumblebees is to plant a variety of native
wildflowers, so that the bees can always find something to eat.  You get
more blueberries, and you also get more flowers.  I am trying this, just
because I like the flowers.  I did have a good blueberry crop this year.
I think this also works for squashes, but my squash seed must be old; none
came up.
Tracy