[AG-EQ] A letter that might interest youRe: was: Are you missing nature?

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Wed Apr 8 02:24:33 UTC 2020

Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2020 9:10
Dear Aroha!  before I start my reply, I must say that your name is the same as that of my best school friend, Aroha Kelly, but on with the motley.
I have to take exception to your statement that nature is suffering along with their greatest enemy,  that being:  MANKIND.
On the contrary!  With the vastly-reduced presence of the same, Nature has never had it so good, or not for a very very long time, and our finned, feathered and furry brothers etc etc are making the most of it as long as it lasts, which won't be forever and then it will be back to the same desperate situation as it was before the virus started its worldwide rampage and demonstrated just how fragile the civilised world is when a single-celled piece of matter:  can a virus be called matter?  that can be seen only under a high-powered microscope can, in a matter of 3 months, govern the lives. and bring about the deaths,  of the planet's 8 and a half billion plus or minus human inhabitants!If I was to give significant instances of this recovery, this letter would get                 very VERY  boring.  Just yesterday I received a letter, or did I read it on Mother Nature Network:  I have forgotten which:  to say that sea turtles were now able to lay their eggs on deserted beaches.  The hatchlings, still have to run the gammut of opportunistic birds and other animals,  but with the, virtual, absence of human poaches, there are many more hatchlings that reach the temporary safety of the ocean!
And that was only one of the many reports I have received re the beneficial impact that the virus is having. on the natural world and its atmosphere.

          Jewel
From: Forest &