[AG-EQ] Goats have arrived!

dogwood farm dogwoodfarm62 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 20:22:37 UTC 2020

Tracy,

Well, our goats have arrived, however, they came with a gift.  Cloey
and Blossom came with a friend, a third female dwarf neubian named
Bloom.  Yes, our two goats turned into three goats.  Thank goodness we
made their area big enough for future additional goats if we wanted to
expand later.

They told my husband that if he didn't want the third goat, then they
would just take her back.  Yeah right, once my husband took a look at
those 3 rolie polie goats, there was no way he was going to let go of
any of them.  To Matt, they were definitely a package deal!  Within no
time, they were jumping and butting each other as if they were on an
afternoon romp.  Matt was right in there with them, down at their
level and they came right up to him.  Matt is going to have to watch
them when he is with them so he is not taken by surprise when they are
romping with each other.  Bloom has 4 inch horns while Cloey and
Blossom do not.

Right away Cloey had Matt scrambling.  We had put bungy cords at the
top and bottom of their exterior gate.  Cloey reached up and was
tugging at the bungy cord and snapping it back like a big rubber band.
Well, that wouldn't be lasting very long before that would be fraid
and snapped like a broken rubber band!

Last week, Matt gave our larger goat Homer one of those balls for
horses to play with.  Man, Homer really likes it.  He noses it around
and moves it with his front legs.  I think we are going to get the
same thing for the three girls.  We have something similar for them,
but the ball is attached to a rope.

So, now comes the learning process for us.  Books and articles are
wonderful, but hands on is going to be the best learning curve for us
at this point.  I will keep you up to date on the Dogwood Farm goat
adventures.

Hugs, Susan