[AG-EQ] Feeding Wild Birds & Homemade Suet

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jun 8 13:36:02 UTC 2020

Finches also love coneflower seeds.  Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea) is a native flower that grows very well in the U.S.  Don't know about New Zealand.  It has big flowers sort of like sunflowers, with ray petals around a central cone.  I leave the cones, and the finches come and peck out the seeds.
Coneflower spreads a bit, but isn't aggressive, at least here in NJ, Zone 7A.