[AG-EQ] question about trotting..

Madison Martin madison.martin2000 at outlook.com
Sat Nov 25 04:37:40 UTC 2023

Hi all,
I've been riding for 11-12 years but trotting still really scares me (I think it
stems from when I fell off of the first pony I ever took lessons on because he
took off and I couldn't get him to halt and whenever there's an increase in
speed I expect something bad to happen even when my instructor is holding the
horse). I've mostly ridden horses that were pretty much ponies or actual ponies;
one taller horse I rode I only rode twice because he developed some nerve issue
and the other taller one I rode was so stubborn that I don't even remember what
her trot felt like because I was so focused on keeping her going that I don't
remember what it felt like. So do taller horses have a smoother trot or do the
words trot and smooth just not go together? If taller horses are smoother then
do you think  riding a taller horse might help me get over my fear? My
instructor and I have talked about me doing dressage but in order to do that I'd
have to get over my fear of trotting. Please be 100% honest  I really hope you
do as I look forward to reading what anyone has to say.
Madison
Hi,
I know we don't know each other but because you're an English coach I want your
thoughts on something. I'm totally blind and I've been riding for 11-12 years
[...]
Please be 100% honest.  I look forward to reading what you have to say.
Madison