[AG-EQ] hello to all

Madison Martin madison.martin2000 at outlook.com
Mon Nov 27 20:30:40 UTC 2023

Hi all,
My name is Madison Martin, I'm 23, have been totally blind since birth and live
in Manitoba Canada (hope it's okay that I'm on the list...) with my parents,
younger sister, two cats and a dog. I've always been a huge animal lover; I used
to love reading animal books but now I'm more into non-fiction sports books as
I'm also a huge sports fan (really wish there was a chat list for sports fans)
but I still love collecting hard animal figurines though I'm very picky about
them being very realistic. In addition to taking riding lessons my dad and I
love going to our local dog/horse shows to wander around and meet animals; it's
a dream of mine to have and show my own dog someday but I'm not sure if that'll
ever happen as there aren't really any show breeders of my two favourite breeds
and when I've tried contacting breeders farther away they either think they're
too far away to be able to help me or plain don't think I can show even though I
know I can as people with disabilities are allowed to have someone help them.
It's also my dream to have a career that involves working hands-on with animals
but so far I'm not having any luck as sighted people can do it because of the
safety factor but I strongly believe that I can as there are work-arounds and
I've been told before that I'm good with animals. If I can't do that then I want
a job where I can work alone as I'm very much an introvert and quite frankly
hate dealing with/being around people with the exception of the special ones in
my life; if it were up to me I'd just spend basically all my time with just
animals. I've tried volunteering at our local humane society but of course that
was a no-go too because of safety concerns. Sorry for such a long message and
not much of it had to do with agriculture/equestrian but I don't have a lot to
say about that though both of my parents grew up on a farm and had animals but
hope you enjoyed reading it.
Madison