[AG-EQ] guide horses and ADA

Josh Kennedy joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 13:00:14 UTC 2024

hi,
yes, the ADA has covered guide horses since 2010 or so. Alexandra Kurland
also thinks that mini donkeys would make good guide animals as well, but
she has not tried to train one yet. There is a mini donkey that lives about
three blocks from my house that her owner said I could walk. She has a
young child so can't walk her mini donkey as much as she would like to. So
I volunteered. This will give me a chance to see what mini donkeys are like
and compare them to mini horses. I am really looking forward to this
opportunity. And then in the spring, I will try again to get a job at lake
tobias wildlife park since they have mini horses there that I could work
with. In the 1990s, in school, all my teachers said I should move to a
city, or that I would have to move to a city in order to find work, dating,
and so on. I no longer believe this. Now that I discovered mini equines, I
want to stay in my current area, mostly suburban or rural, where there are
plenty of mini equines and full size horses to enjoy. Also, the nfb
article, guide horses, joke or jeopardy, is quite disappointing and
outdated. It was written back in 2001 or 2000. It seemed to do nothing but
poke fun at potential future guide horse or guide mini donkey users. When
in reality, they can do everything a guide dog can do, but they live much
longer.

Josh