[Akron-Talk] convention recap

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:23:40 UTC 2018

Hi all, I sent a note to the Ohio Talk list, responding to a post by Annette Lutz in Columbus which is also below. Please read. I forward some of what gets posted on Ohio Talk to our Akron list, the stuff that seems important or timely, but if you want to see everything on Ohio Talk, send an email to ohio-talk-request at nfbnet.org<mailto:ohio-talk-request at nfbnet.org> and type the word Join in the subject line, or in the body, I forget which so put it in both.

I was so proud our chapter was so well represented at this convention, our own members contributing to the sessions and the convention in many ways. I know we all got a lot out of it, the sessions, meeting new people and some old friends,...it was just tremendous! Here are those posts, mine then Annette's:

Dave wrote:
Well said Annette. The convention, my first, was terrific--educational, fun and motivating, and my team in Akron is excited. Actually, the word some of them are using is "stoked". Personally, I was very happy to have met some of the members and leaders from around the state, whose names I had seen on Ohio Talk or those I had spoken with since we formed, and learn their stories and how their chapters have the positive impact in their community, that we want to build in the Akron area. Plus, the leadership of the state board and especially Suzanne and her convention team, in crafting and managing an event, for such a large and diverse group with so many moving parts, was just amazing and greatly appreciated. It's been a terrific example especially for us newer members and those looking to be the future leaders of our affiliate family. One awesome team! Dave Bertsch

Annette wrote:
Hello Ohio! I hope all of you are now well rested and settled in after our great convention! What a wonderful, yet tiring weekend! I just wanted to congratulate Richard Payne, Suzanne Turner, and everyone else involved in all the work it took to make this convention such a success! Everything was very well done and professional and completely demonstrative of the abilities of the blind. I would challenge any organization of sighted people to do a better job, because they simply couldn't. I also want to congratulate you on the selection of the hotel. The staff there was as prepared and attentive as any i've ever encountered for a conference like ours, and this includes large national events. This weekend just was a great reminder of why i'm a Federationist and made me proud to be a part of this affiliate. I'm proud to serve on your Board of Directors and 'm proud to call all of you my NFB family! Now let's work with the momentum of this weekend and go build the Federation! Annette Lutz

###