[Akron-Talk] 2019 NFB of Ohio Committee Descriptions

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 20:37:30 UTC 2018

Hi all, here is a note from our state president, inviting any that want to serve on a state committee. What follows and attached are descriptions of the various committees. Those who attended the convention heard something about most of these. If you feel strongly about one, reach out to Richard directly at his phone or email address. The text below is the same as what is in the attached Word document.

Good morning NFB of Ohio,

I am pleased to present the 2019 committee Descriptions for appointments attached and below for your review.

I will be glad to answer questions if they are needed. Please call or email me off list; as communication will "not" be done on Ohio-Talk. Please let me know which committees you would like to serve on by December 1st. In addition, if you want to chair a committee, let me know that as well. I will take that highly under consideration.

Annually, Committees are reappointed, and members are reassigned with the discretion of the President. This is done at the National level and Ohio follows that alinement. Therefore, impartiality has preference when appointing individuals to chair and serve. If you believe you should chair a committee let me know in detail and why. Do not assume anything. Right now, this list is blank.

2019 NFB of Ohio Committee Descriptions

AWARDS COMMITTEE
Charge: To oversee the awards process, to provide information and feedback when necessary, and to make reasonable judgments about NFBO awards.

Bell Academy
Charge: To organize the bell program and plan efficient ways to promote and execute this very important academy. The members of this committee will be screened because of the type of program it is, which is dealing directly with kids.

CONSTITUTION COMMITTEE
Charge: To make sure that all NFBO constitutions are following the state and national constitutions, both philosophically and rhetorically.

CONVENTION Planning Committee
Charge: To assist and advise the president in the planning and functioning of our state convention and to provide additional assistance in planning and executing affiliate activities at national conventions.

EDUCATION COMMITTEE
Charge: To advise the president about policies, legislation, strategies, and initiatives in which the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio should be engaged to improve educational opportunities for blind youth throughout the state.

FINANCING THE MOVEMENT COMMITTEE (SUN coordinator, Jernigan Fund coordinator, PAC coordinator)
Charge: To make members aware of these specific organizational fundraising opportunities and to implement strategies to increase participation threw out the year.

FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE
Charge: To investigate additional opportunities to increase NFB-O resources and to implement effective fundraising strategies and programming.

LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE
Charge: To increase the organization's visibility and effectiveness in the state legislature and to continue to support our efforts in Washington throughout the year.

MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
Charge: To implement effective strategies to recruit and retain members and to reinvigorate the chapters and divisions of the NFB of Ohio.

PROMOTION AND PUBLICITY COMMITTEE
Charge: To promote and publicize the programs and events of the NFB of Ohio and to acquire as much positive publicity as possible for such activities.

RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE
Charge: To oversee the submission process and to write and distribute clearly articulated and philosophically sound resolutions.

SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
Charge: To conduct the affiliate scholarship program and to develop and implement effective strategies to increase the visibility of the program and increase participation.

Web site and NEWSLINE committee
Charge: To assist with updating the content on the web page and Newsline including advertising and promoting. The members who desire to be a part of this committee must be very good computer users.

Special project committee
Charge: To assist with corporate donations and to help find ways to fund the special projects and work of the affiliate. To assist where ever we have the need.

transportation committee
Charge: To help the affiliate oversee some of the issues around the state dealing with transportation.

Vehicle donation committee:
Charge: To get more cars donated from Ohio

domestic violence committee: Charge To develop relationships with the domestic violence agencies in Ohio.