[Akron-Talk] ask your doctor

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 17:21:32 UTC 2018

All, when is your next eye doctor appointment? We need your help-

Tell your doctor you're part of this new NFB Chapter in the Akron area.

Then ask your doctor "How can we get you to refer your patients who are blind or losing their vision, to us? The NFB has guidance, resources and support that could be helpful to some of them.

Is it a matter of leaving some brochures in their lobby, or with the doctor's office staff?

The doctor can learn more about us at www.nfb.org<http://www.nfb.org>

Make sure to take a card or brochure you can give him or her.

We talked about this at our last meeting. It's the kind of first-step outreach and engagement that will get our name out there, and help our chapter to have a positive impact with those who need the NFB.

Thanks,

Dave Bertsch
Greater Akron Chapter
(330) 472-4084

Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.