[Akron-Talk] minutes from last meeting

kiana hill kiah976 at att.net
Fri Apr 19 19:18:48 UTC 2019

Dave, Will you please be so kind enough to bring a NFB folder for Juanita and I since we were not able to make it last month.
Thanks!Kiana

  <!--#yiv8078212442 .yiv8078212442EmailQuote {margin-left:1pt;padding-left:4pt;border-left:#800000 2px solid;}-->Please review to be able to vote on the minutes from our March meeting, attached and below. National Federation of the Blind of Ohio Greater Akron Chaptermarch 16, 2019 meeting was held at the Akron Library, 11 am Dave B ertsch called the meeting to order and roll call was taken by Stephanie Bertsch.  A total of 8 members attended, 3 new members joined, and 1 guest was present.  Dave read the One Minute Message for the NFB and the March Birthdays were announced. President’s remarks- Dave referred to the March Presidential Release.  The registration is now open for the NFB National Convention in Vegas call to register, 877-632-9001.  Also, scholarships are still availablefor anyone to apply. Richard will be holding a meeting to establish a new chapter at the Youngstown Envision on May 18. ReportsSecretary Report: the February 2019 Chapter Minutes were distributed this week for review.  Only members who reviewed the minutes should vote to approve. The Minutes were approved by Pat, and 2ndby Jim, all approved.  Treasurer Report: Dave reported $49.98 in the bank.  No transactions this month.Committee Reports: Publicity and Social Media: Dave announced our new Facebook Page is Live.  We will use to give announcements and other ways we can publicize our group activities.  We will share info on the local Lions Clubthere, as well as the Cleveland Chapter activities. Events Committee: Colleen gave an update on our Summer Picnic for July19 – 11am-4pm. We will have it at the Tallmadge Meadows park which is ADA friendly.  Colleen also reported about her experience utilizing the Library Computer Systems to help her set up her new laptop.   Newsline Committee: Pat talked about the Newsline adding more features and a new app for the smart phone called Victor Reader and encouraged members use. Membership Committee: Stephanie read the NFB pledge and requested the 3 new members repeat the pledge with her for their 1st meeting.  Newmembers Kathy  Pingstock, Robert Legg, and Rita Major were welcomed by the group.  Fundraising Committee: Dave mentioned we had the tickets to purchase for the May 3rd Piggest Raffle tickets for $5.00 each.  $2 of each ticket goes back to the Akron Chapter.   Also, the Malley’s Chocolateswebsite was shared as a great Statewide fundraising effort.   Outreach and Engagement: Dave reviewed with the group about the final details for the Columbus Board Meeting, leadership training and Legislative visit to the Ohio State House April 7-9. Along with BELL trainingon April 5-6.   The Group discussed on how we can make an impact on the community and utilizing ADA Technology.  Stephanie passed out new NFB folders that were put together with all national handouts, and business cards to be used to help communicate with others who need.   Next meeting will be April 20 –at 11 am, at the Akron Library - Room 1.  Meeting was Adjourned at 12:45 pm.   Minutes submitted by Stephanie Bertsch, Secretary   _______________________________________________
Akron-Talk mailing list
Akron-Talk at nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Akron-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/akron-talk_nfbnet.org/kiah976%40att.net