[Akron-Talk] Door prices and auction items

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 10:51:56 UTC 2019

The 73rd Annual Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio (NFBOH) will be the largest gathering of blind people in the state. It will be held at the  DOUBLETREE HOTEL COLUMBUS/WORTHINGTON
175 HUTCHINSON AVENUE
COLUMBUS, OH 43235
TELEPHONE 614-885-3334 􀂇􀀃FAX 614.431.4441

 “Obstacles are Opportunities”  The NFB is  an instrument of change.

The NFB was founded on the guiding principles that blind people have an inalienable right to independence, that blind people have equal capacity, and that only blind people themselves can legitimately speak for the blind community. These principles have continually permeated the membership and structure of our ever-growing organization.

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back

Our 73rd Annual Convention entitled “Obstacles are Opportunities” will showcase inspirational stories about the work of our movement, history and philosophy. With proper training and technology, the blind can live the life they want. It is through love, hope and determination, that the NFB helps to transform dreams into reality.

This Convention will be an opportunity for attendees to learn about accessible technology at our Tech Fair, and about living with blindness, by attending many educational seminars.

As Ohio’s oldest organization comprised of blind people, working together to change what it means to be blind, the 2019 Convention will inspire, empower and celebrate our accomplishments. The NFB of Ohio also provides encouragement, training and support to families with blind children, and to veterans and people
who are losing vision or have become blind later in life?

Here are a few convention highlights:
• Network with blind people from all parts of the country.
• Encourage blind persons to expand their knowledge of resources.
• Attend Workshops designed to promote leadership, membership building, and successful attitudes towards employment strategies.
• Attend the banquet that provides scholarships for blind college students.
• Visit Exhibit Hall to explore the latest technology and low-vision products. Exhibitors will be open to shoppers and information gatherers on Sat. November 2,2019 from noon to 4:30 PM.
Space is limited and all exhibitors are subject to approval. Please reserve your table by contacting Suzanne  Turner at 216-990-06199 or by email at smturner.234 at gmail.com

You can start reserving your room now and the cost is $89.00 plus 16.5 percent tax WITH FREE BREAKFAST FOR TWO. Any additional persons in the room will pay $5.00 for the breakfast. In addition, please keep in mind that the cutoff date for reservations is Thursday, October 11, 2019.

For more information on the Convention and our organization, please contact  Sheri Albers, 513-886-8697
Or you may contact.

Richard Payne at rchpay7 at gmail.com or (937) 396-5573.

Richard Payne,  President
937-396-5573or 937/829/3368