[Akron-Talk] agenda for this Saturday Feb 16

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 14 14:53:52 UTC 2019

Hi everyone, here is a preliminary agenda for our meeting this Saturday. Please call or email me if you have any questions or something to add. Thanks-Dave

National Federation of the Blind
Greater Akron Chapter
Monthly Meeting Agenda

February 16
Time: 11 a.m.
Location: Akron Main Library, Meeting Room 1

Welcome and Roll Call

One Minute Message
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back

NFB Pledge
I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its Constitution.

Guest Speaker/Presentation

Secretary Report

Note: Our Minutes from our January Meeting will be provided separately on Thursday, February 14, 2019 for your review. We will NOT re-read them at the meeting, but we will vote on them. Please read them before the meeting and bring any questions with you.

Treasurer Report

President Remarks

Committee Reports

Publicity and Social Media, Dave Bertsch, Chair

Fundraising, Kiana Hill, Chair

Events, Colleen Miller, Chair

Newsline, Pat McPherson, Chair

Membership, Stephanie Bertsch, Chair

Outreach & Engagement, Andra Stover, Chair

Other Business/Open Forum

Dates
January 1 Registration opens for the National Convention
February 22 Deadline to sign-up for Ohio Braille Literacy Classes
March 16 Chapter Meeting, at Library Room 2
April 5-6 BELL Training
April 7 NFB of Ohio Board Meeting in Columbus
April 7-8 Leadership Training in Columbus
April 9 MFB of Ohio visits the Ohio State House
April 20 Chapter Meeting, at Library Room 1
July 7-12 National Convention in Las Vegas
July 21 Chapter Picnic celebrating 1 year anniversary
November 1-3 NFB of Ohio State Convention

Chapter Contact Info
President, Dave Bertsch (330) 472-4084
Vice President, Kiana Hill (330) 604-3444
Board Member, Mary Weldon (330) 773-5253
Secretary, Stephanie Bertsch (330) 472-2720
Affiliate President, Richard Payne (937) 829-3368

Stay Informed

Greater Akron Voice Box: (641) 715-3900 and code 601592

Facebook Page: facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfGreaterAkron<https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/>

The NFB and our state affiliate have many ways for each of us to stay informed.

NFB Homepage: www.NFB.org<http://www.NFB.org>
NFB of Ohio Homepage: www.NFBOhio.org<http://www.NFBOhio.org>
NFB Newsline: nfbnewslineonline.org/signup.htm or 866-504-7300
NFB Braille Monitor: NFB.org/braille-monitor or 410-659-9314
NFB Youtube Channel search and subscribe: "NationsBlind"
NFB Monthly Podcast: NFB.org/nations-blind-podcasts
NFB Smart Phone App download: "NFB Connect"

Dave