[Akron-Talk] Hoopla and Computers

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 28 15:05:31 UTC 2019

Remember the library guy who spoke at our meeting a couple weeks ago? One of the things he shared was the library app called Hooplah, which you can use to download books, music and even movies to your phone. We did that over the weekend, first by getting a new library card at the circulation desk, which is on the second floor, at the bottom of that small staircase and elevator near the meeting rooms. Once we had our cards, we got on the library website, and downloading the Hoopla app was easy. I'd really encourage you to try it. The NLS Talking Book machines are great, I use mine a lot, but Hoopla is available on your desktop, phone, tablet, Alexa device, Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, and Android TV.

And by the way, the speaker Brett mentioned the Tech Zone there on the first floor, where you can get one on one help with your device...they are holding Basic Computing classes on March 18, 19, 20 and 21. I saw that on the library Events calendar, at 2 p.m. every day I believe. You do need to register. The library main number is 643-9000. Hope you are having a great day!

Dave